Spring is here, finally.
So we eat a little lighter.
Nothing better than a spring salad with a soft-boiled egg with dandelions and grilled bacon.
With the “rubble” of Mars, the garden grows at an incredible speed and the dandelions too.
Before I ralais, I’m overgrown with weeds, it’s annoying… etc
Now I drop, with a knife and I harvest;)
I leave some to bloom for wildlife. I like to think that the bees who wake up gently have enough to forage to go fill the hive and make a delicious flower honey garden.
No, no, I do not have a hive at home, but the cousin of my husband yes! And do not live far … so maybe his bees come to us …
In any case, I only take the dandelions from our garden. I say that because often I see people who take on the side of the road … Hello exhaust gases … It must be too disgusting in real life …
The dandelion, it is necessary to pick it young… When it is too “advanced” in the shoot, it becomes bitter and I do not like the bitterness too much. I also spot the corner of the garden or Lilou, our dog pee … And of course, I do not go in this corner…
Once the harvest is done, I rinse with cold water and vinegar my dandelions. Vinegar helps to get rid of small bugs that are in the grass and that are not eaten. Finally, not yet … Because we all know that we are heading towards an insectivore diet O_o
But, well we’re not there yet… well almost.
So, once the dandelions are cleaned, we grill small bacon, we cook the egg calf and hop, vinaigrette… and dinner’s reeeeeaaaaady!
Simple, easy, effective and delicious…
It’s Nathalie (Blog Envy of aperitif) who made me this recipe the first time I tasted it when she came home… A real treat!
Preparation 20mn Baking 15mn
Total duration: 35mn
Dandelion salad with a boiled egg and grilled bacon
Garden dandelions count a handful per person
1 packet of bacon
4 fresh eggs
Salt and freshly ground pepper
25g of butter
- Clean the dandelions with fresh water, drain them.
- Put them in a salad bowl and make a dressing sauce with salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Mix the salad well
- In a skillet, heat the butter and clarify. Brown the baguette that you cut into small pieces. And once golden, put aside your croutons.
- In another pan, grill the bacon. Remove the fat from the pan as the bacon becomes crisp. Drop your bacon on the dandelion salad.
- Cook your soft-boiled eggs. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Put the eggs gently in the boiling water with a tablespoon. Let them cook for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a dish containing very cold water, you can add ice cubes.
- Once the cooking time is finished, collect the eggs using a skimmer and place them in cold water to stop cooking.
- Scale them, and place them on the dandelion salad
- Serve salad with croutons and a Castellain Grand Cru beer.