Do you know bergamot?
But if you know him! You have seen it on the étales or at your primeur, it is this small fruit close to the lemon, which is very aromatic and has a quantity of therapeutic properties. The other fruits, finally citrus fruits have only to be well …
I will give you a non exhaustive list of the virtues of Citrus bergamia, fruit of the bergamot tree
Grown in Calabria since the 18th century, the bergamot tree is very popular for its sweet and very fragrant essential oil.
Bergamot is particularly popular in perfumery and the agri-food industry.
Tea lovers know this fruit well because it is often mixed with tea leaves. Like the earl gray that I drink every morning …
Bergamot is easily recognizable, it has smooth skin and a yellow color as soon as it reaches maturity.
Its flesh is acidic, even bitter, it looks like a lemon, but tastier. what are its main properties?
Sides of the following medicinal properties:
it relieves digestive disorders: dyspepsia, bloating, spasms, diarrhea, constipation, colitis, stomach cramps
it purifies seborrheic skin (mixed and oily) and oily hair
it soothes stress and anxiety
it fights premature aging of the skin
it facilitates intestinal transit, it eliminates intestinal parasites (vermifuge)
But I’m not a doctor or a herbalist … I’m just greedy. So I made a light and fluffy cake with bergamot.
It smelled so good in the house …. <3
I give you the recipe I made by reducing the doses of butter and sugar. Then a cooking omnicuisseur for a perfect mellow
A dessert rather light … for Valentine’s Day <3 … We love and we feel good 🙂
Preparation 20mn Baking 45mn
Total duration: 1h05mn
Light and fluffy cake with bergamot, cooking omnicuiseur
1 organic bergamot (zest and juice)
90g of powdered sugar
80 g of butter
100g of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
You can also make this recipe with other citrus fruits: lemon, oranges…
- Take the zest of bergamot, book
- Squeeze the juice of the bergamot, book
- Separate whites from yellows.
- In a salad bowl, mix the yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the juice of the bergamot and half of the zests. mix
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it into the mixture.
- Pour the yeast and yeast in the preparation. Mix well
- Beat the egg whites. Mix small to small with your bergamot cake batter
- Butter the porcelain mold of the Omnicuiseur and pour the paste into it
- *** Put 10 tablespoons of water in the casserole
- Place the porcelain dish in the pan, close the pan (of course …;))
- Bake 30 minutes max at the top and bottom. Then 15 mini up and max down
- Be careful when opening the casserole, place the porcelain dish on a trivet and wait until the light and fluffy cake with bergamot cools
- Cut them into small squares …
- *** At this stage, if you do not have omniculturists, you can bake your sweet bergamot cake in a baking dish. 20 minutes at 180 ° C. Check the cooking by planting the blade of a knife in it, it must come out clean